Jim S

Perhaps it is not the footware that you should be focusing on, but
outfitting YOUR boat to fit YOU. You may want to try fabricating some foam
ankle/shin supports. This will take the pressure off your toes by supporting
your lower legs. Outfitting any whitewater boat is a very personal thing. As
always it is safety first, but the more you wear the boat the more you can
control it. Next comes comfort. You might not get it just right on the 1st.
(or 2nd. etc) try, but you may find your current botties may work fine. On
the other hand I used to get a black and blue stripes on the bottom of my
feet if I did practice rolls in bare feet. So some sturdier boots may be
appropriate too. Keep tinkering with it until your satisified. You will know
when you get it right.

"Colo paddler" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm new to OC-1 and was wondering what footwear folks have found that
work well. The booties I normally wear for kayaking don't have stiff
soles, so they don't give me much support when in the kneeling-feet
against footbraces OC-1 style position. What do you wear on your feet
when paddling your OC-1?