Harry Krause

Default Help, Harry, I don't understand (little OT)

Calif Bill wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John H wrote:

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:44:17 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

John H wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:51:19 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

John H wrote:

Harry, we're talking about whether Bush is exaggerating the terrorist
threat now, e.g. in his state of the union speech. Kerry seems to
indicate he is. On the other hand, Kerry wants to make the government
bigger by increasing the size of the homeland security force. Maybe
Kerry just talks from both sides of his mouth.

Who knows whether Bush is exaggerating "the terrorist threat" now?
Bush has no credibility whatsoever on the subject of terrorism or much
else, either. If Bush's lips are moving, there is a pretty good chance
he is lying.

Is there a terrorist threat now? Sure. There always has been. Is it
worse now because of Bush? You bet. But terrorism is a worldwide
phenom...and it could come out of anywhere. Bush's waging wars in Iraq
and Afghanistan are not going to stop it.

So, sure, Kerry is correct. We need to spend more to protect our ports
and to take other needed measures to minimize obvious and easy venues of
terrorists to harm our country. Or, perhaps instead of spending more, we
should just divert many of the billions Bush is wasting overseas and
spend it here, to build up our defenses. Oh, and to increase the
reliability of our intel, which apparently cannot tell high noon from
midnight.

That by the way isn't going to happen with Dubya Dumfoch in office. He
sure as hell doesn't want anyone else telling him he is full of crap.

So he's correct on the one hand, but not on the other, which is what
leads to his ambiguity. OK, got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Binary thinking in politics produces nothing smarter than a dumbfoch
like Bush.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Oh, now smart is being able to spin all ways at once?

In Bush's cash, the "smart" move would have been to put his personal
agenda and bloodthirsty politics aside, and work towards a true
coalition solution to the problems he figured only an invasion would cure.

There were many who reported that Iraq no longer had WMD before Bush
invaded. But there weren't saying what Bush thought they should. So the
dumbfoch invaded.

Here's an interesting site for you, Bill. It speaks volumes on how
ultimately unsuccessful we are going to be in the war against Moslem
terrorists.

http://www.lunaville.com/warcasualties/summary.aspx

--
Email sent to is never read.