Roger Derby

Cars and trucks get suitably warm inside if parked in the sun.

I might try to heat water to circulate (pour over) the drum. This would
eliminate the possibility of overheating and destroying the epoxy.

Would your 1500 W heater do the job if you built a "hut" of pink foam?

200 lbs is that awkward weight where extreme measures are overkill, but you
can hurt yourself easily.

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message
My drum of epoxy has partially crystallized - blame a cold spring. Any
suggestions on how to warm up ~200 lbs of epoxy + drum short of purchasing
a drum heater??

I've thought of just painting it black and leaving it in the sun but this
year we've had only a few days above 20°C (~72F) and I need to get the
drum up to 120°F for a few hours to melt it all again.

I've also got a small 1500W electric heater that I keep pointed right at
the drum, which seems to melt a bit as I am using it, but I am beginning
to think I'm getting behind the melting rate!

I also have a 50,000 BTU Propane Heater that I can use in the garage space
I am borrowing, but no easy way to direct it toward the drum (it mostly
vents upwards like a kerosene heater).

Thanks, etc.

Evan Gatehouse