Terry Spragg

R Mac wrote:

Well thats swell but if you read the subject or my original post I was
asking about running the jet without water, not the motor,of course I would
T into the raw water inlet for the heat exchanger with a garden hose so the
motor didn`t overheat.

Again, does anybody know about the Jacuzzi 12yj and if its ok to run it on
the trailer, or if there is a way to conect a hose to it so it is ok to test
run??

"Capt John" wrote in message
oups.com...

You should never run any marine engine dry. No water flowing to cool
the engine, no water running to cool the exhaust manifold.

I often wonder why sea-doos don't come standard with a fire hose
connection on the jet outlet. What a way to get smoke jumpers to a
fire by a lake, eh?

Running the jet pump with no water shouldn't hurt it for a while,
but might there be a water seal on it's drive shaft which needs to
be cooled?

Terry K