David Flew

Use the 1500W heater, build a tent out of e.g. cheap polytarps, make sure
you have enough air outlet space but not too much, you may need to run the
heater on low. Perhaps have the air flow spiralling around the drum.
Monitor the air temperature inside the "tent" and adjust ventilation and
power as necessary.
You could make the tent out of other stuff, depending on what is available.

Obviously watch for overheating and potential for fire. Good luck.
DF

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message
My drum of epoxy has partially crystallized - blame a cold spring. Any
suggestions on how to warm up ~200 lbs of epoxy + drum short of purchasing
a drum heater??

I've thought of just painting it black and leaving it in the sun but this
year we've had only a few days above 20°C (~72F) and I need to get the
drum up to 120°F for a few hours to melt it all again.

I've also got a small 1500W electric heater that I keep pointed right at
the drum, which seems to melt a bit as I am using it, but I am beginning
to think I'm getting behind the melting rate!

I also have a 50,000 BTU Propane Heater that I can use in the garage space
I am borrowing, but no easy way to direct it toward the drum (it mostly
vents upwards like a kerosene heater).

Thanks, etc.

Evan Gatehouse