Mea culpa.

I still miss the "ding" sound and the carriage return at the end of a
line. I would be just as happy it each key went "clack" against a
roller when it was engaged.
(Some of my special friends in this on-line world would be at least as
happy.......)

You won't ever catch me claiming to know much about computers. :-)

When AOL dumped NG's, this Google group thing took its place. I think
the problem is that Google relies on different colors of text to
differentiate between what various people posted, and not all NG
readers are picking up the color differences.

I usually insert a row of asterisks ************ between anything I
quote and a response, if that helps at all.