Newsgroup Reader

Gould,
In the two web sites your provided I learned that Sea Ray use robots to
spray chopped strand fiberglass into the molds. I could not find on either
of the web sites you provided anything that came close to resembling a
technical layout schedule. I did not see anything that discussed the
thickness of the gel coat or the thickness of chopped fiberglass strand,
including minimum and maximum thickness between the high stress areas and
the low stress areas. I did not see anything that discuss how much time
they allow for the gel coat to cure or the fiberglass to cure between each
step. I did not see anything that discussed the ratio of fiberglass to
epoxy nor the relative strength characteristics of this cost saving
technique versus the traditional methods of laying fiberglass hulls. I did
see two web sites selling the benefits of their products, without providing
the technical layout schedule.

I did think it was very humorous that you thought the advertisement
published by the company who sold SeaRay the robots to "an independent web
site".

wrote in message
oups.com...
Newsgroup reader:

You have neatly dodged my invitation to explain to the group how Sea
Ray hulls are laid up.
You agree that Pascoe's site is bogus, and yet you seem to discount the
independent web site as equally inaccurate. You offer some vague
observation that the truth is somehwere "in between".

Layup is a technical issue that can be precisely described. If Pascoe
is not accurate and you insist the technical website is not acuurate,
would you please enlighten us about the actual layup process and
schedule? Failure to do so would leave us all with the impression that
you are talking through that hat you bought at West Marine- the one
with all the scrambled eggs on the visor and "Captain" stitched into
the crown.