Don White

Chris wrote:
Hi All,

A new question on the topic of beaching your boats. Specifically leaving
the boat beached for longer periods, few days to 1-3 weeks. Obviously
we're not talking about something huge, but more like a runabout.

As an option to trailering a boat, how would one go about properly beaching
the boat so it can be easily used in a few days or a few weeks without
getting into too many problems.

Specifically, I think the issues here are
1. waves splashing into it.
2. rain filling it up
3. sand building around it and making it harder to un-beach

How have you guys done this in the past? I suppose the idea to
1. Tie the boat to a good tree
2. Bring it up on the beach as far as you can go
3. Put a tarp on it to keep some rain water out.

What about the water that does get into it? Without the bilge working
automatically (battery taken out) then there would be a chance of much water
collecting into the plywood/fiberglass rear end.

Thanks
C.

The old fishermen around here would build a skidway from smooth small
tree trunks and maybe coat with tar. They would have a drain plug near
the stern for any moisture to drain out. (don't forget to install plug
prior to launch)