Capt. JG

"Gordon" wrote in message
What's the best knot for attaching the sheets to the jib? Gotta be
something better than the "pesky wabbit around the tree and down the hole"
knot.
Thanks
Gordon

--

Ask not for whom the terrorist bell tolls; it tolls for thee, and thee,
and

Perhaps, but the bowline is an extremely useful knot. This is what we teach.
Perhaps there are better, but it is worth teaching. If you have to change
sails, you either need to have another long line available to tie a lark
head or you have to untie the one you have on the old sail... seems like a
lot of wasted time. I would rather just know the bowline and do it right.
Disclaimer: we use the lark on at least one of our boats.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com