Lew Hodgett

Gordon wrote:
What's the best knot for attaching the sheets to the jib? Gotta be
something better than the "pesky wabbit around the tree and down the hole"
knot.

I don't know the name of the knot, but I got it from Cruising World
article a long time ago and it is simple.

You need one piece of line for both sheets. If a single sheet is say 35
ft, you need a 70 ft piece of line for example.

Find the midpoint and double the line, then measure back about 18" and
seize together with some mason's twine forming a loop.

You need a piece of 3/4" line about 24" long which you feed thru the
loop on the sheet you just created, then double it back on itself and
seize the ends together with more mason's twine.

Feed the sheet loop thru the cringle, then feed the end of the seized
3/4" line thru the loop.

Pull the loop taut and you are good to go.

SFWIW, I used the above for many years, making up a separate set of
sheets for each sail. It was just simpler that way.

HTH

Lew