Bert Robbins

"John H" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:03:54 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 07:22:44 -0400, John H
wrote:

If I had one, the first thing I'd do is put a big refrigerator and
freezer
aboard. Then I'd stock it with beer and ice cream bars to sell while out
on the
water.

I can NOT, for the life of me, remember exactly where, but the food
network did a piece on ice cream...

There was a company in FL that was based aboard a few small boats that
delivered ice cream much like a nautical "Good Humor" man...

... I thought that was a really neat retirement concept....

We used to go boating on the Potomac and spend a lot of time in Belmont
Bay,at
the mouth of Occoquan Creek, at a 'boaters' beach'. On the weekends there
would
always be a house boat out there selling beer, ice cream, etc. He was
always
mobbed. He'd anchor about 25 yards off shore, and it looked like he was
making a
fortune. Now they've turned that area into a state park and made almost
everything illegal (like drinking or picnicking on the beach), so very few
people go there.

But, there are a lot more eagles and deer there!

Belmot Bay at 6:00 AM on a Saturday or Sunday in the '70's was a great water
ski destination.