Matt Colie

Peter,
I am working on this same issue with a client. Navman has informed me
that their wind 3100 does not past other NMEA data through, and only
output some of the wind related sentences.

It should allow your autopilot hold point of sail. But to do this you
will need a multiplexer as Meindert has said.

Matt Colie

Peter Hendra wrote:

Hi,
I wish to connect my Navman 3100 wind instrument to the Ratheon ST6000
autopilot so that the later can stear to wind.

The Navman site gives details of which NMEA wire to where on the OEM.

Is it this easy?

My boat at the moment is half a world away so I cannot try it out.

I have connected the Garmin GPS to the autopilot and radar as well as
the laptop - piece of cake. Has anyone done this or can someone
provide further input?

Peter
N.Z. yacht Herodotus