Brian Nystrom

Bonasa wrote:
Bryan and Matt,

Thank you both very much for taking the time to help this newbie. I already
had to grind out and redo one of the patches cuz I wasn't happy with the
layup, I'd rather not do it again.

I've complicated things (I know, by now you're slapping your forehead, don't
blame ya) by glassing in vertical stringers across the patch so I need to
look and see if I can avoid the stringers.

I think first I'm going to try the easier way and grind down from the
outside. I only need to come down about a 1/2mm at the center of the patch,
the sides recessed. If I'm not satisfied with the integrity of the repair,
then I'll suck it up, break out the grinder, and do it again.

If anyone else has any input I'd love to hear it, I'm a student here. Well,
at least I'm learning alot...

By the way if anyone knows of a free web site I'll post pictures of the
damage and repairs, maybe it will benefit others.

How thick is the patch? It's it's thick enough, .5mm won't make much of
a difference, but if the patch is only 3mm thick it's a different story.