QLW

Default Ice Sailing

Where can I find info on ice sailing?
I just spent an hour searching the web for ice sailing sites and found a few
but not really what I'm looking for. Finding the right site to sail and the
right rig for a beginner is my main focus. Surely there are associations or
clubs out there that can set me straight.

I live in south Texas and I'd like to go to an area in the northeast where
I could try this sport. I built a tube frame sand sailer of my own design
many years ago using sailboard sails that works great on the beach and I
thought about just adding blades to it but I feel that a proven design for
ice makes more sense. I've had mine over 60 mph on asphalt and I think I'd
get in trouble with it on ice. Why re-invent the wheel?
Quinton