Roger Derby

Not to change the subject, but I know "fir" plywood checks. Does pine?

The birch plywood I've bought from HD is beautiful, but it isn't rated as
"exterior" and it is HARD! and HEAVY! I built an entertainment center with
it a few years ago and couldn't believe how bulletproof it was. (and screw
and nail proof)

Roger (botanically qualified to tell grass from bushes from trees.
period)

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

"Oddgeir Kvien" wrote in message
news
We all knows that pine plywood do check, but what about birch plywood?

The birch plywood found in local home depot here in Norway is usualy in
very good quality and might be a very attractive alternative to use for
building material. It is somewhat heavy, but it is very strong, probably
the strongest plywood available.