Garth Almgren

Around 6/24/2005 7:49 PM, Mr Wizzard wrote:

As far as what I'd be doing with it? - well, whatever I *can* do with it.
Lots of local lakes here, and just to get it out on the ocean/Lake
Washington,
Puget Sound, or whatever/wherever I can safely go with it.

Lake W. is a blast. I've got an aunt and uncle with a waterfront home
and a dock at the south end, and I always enjoy tubing down there.

Just last weekend, I took my dad for a nice Father's Day weekend day
trip. Launched at Everett, headed down to Seattle and went through the
locks, cruised around Lake Union for a while, and headed back. Saw some
nice boats, got a nice tan, and even saw the Garth Foss, looking good as
usual. It was especially fun watching the North American Laser
Championship races taking place north of Shilsole Bay, but not
particularly fun trying to work our way around them.

As for wherever you can safely go, my dad took the 14' all the way up to
Desolation Sound when he was a teen. I personally have had it as far
north as Nanaimo. *If* you pick your weather and take your time, a 17'
should be able to handle most of the Puget Sound and Gulf Islands.

Of course, my dad and I both had larger "support" boats along in case of
emergency...

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing