Bob La Londe

"Marty" wrote in message
m...
I walked in to the showroom on Sunday and put a deposit on the boat I
looked at in the lot.
I told them my wife would be in on Monday to arrange the financing.
They called on Tuesday and said it's a go.
We came back as a family to see if we could do our on the water delivery
aearlier than planned and they told us it would have to wait until they
got our boat delivered from somewhere else. What happened to the boat I
put my deposit on, I asked? Oh, we sold it.
Not happy at this point, but we'll do our on the water delivery on Sunday
when you get our boat.
A couple of days later and Oh, we can't do it on Sunday (because they sent
the boat to a boat show). What the hell was the deposit for anyway?
So, I'm a little ****ed off and I told them I wasn't interested anymore,
but it was my wife's decision (it's her graduation present) whether to
continue with the deal or not.
They called back and said they would have the boat ready for our Sunday on
the water delivery. Still, this leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling
in my stomach which I should probably listen to and meanwhile I've looked
at the four winns, and the crownline 192.
Just thought I'd share.

I had this happen once on a motorcycle with a motorcycle dealer. I stopped
in to pick up my money and found what I wanted elsewhere. Don't let them
claim that your deposit is forfeit either. They failed to deliver the boat
you put a deposit on. If anything they owe you something for your
inconvenience.

I would explain to the dealership that you expect to be compensated for
their failure to follow through and honor the agreement. I'ld also
definitely call SeaRay and explain the unethical behavior of the dealership
if the dealership doesn't go above and beyond for you to make up for this.

You may also want to evaluate the response youg et from SeaRay if you call
them directly. I'ld go further to say if you don't like what you hear that
you should consider a different brand. My reservation on that though is
that SeaRay does make a top quality hull. If it is really what you want you
might be better served to find another dealership.

http://www.searay.com/index.asp

Hope this helps. My experience is that dealerships who have been
indifferent and dishonorable to me never get any better. Whether it be a
boat shop, a motorcycle shop, or a car dealership. Best of luck to you.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com