prodigal1

Bob La Londe wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
http://www.jcrobbins.com/documents/boarding.htm

Interesting read. Also, interesting that one paragraph seems to

indicate
that their are limits while others say their aren't. Also, interesting that
all limits are ambiguous.

One day back in the early 80's a couple of gun-toting sociopaths decided
to rob a store or a bank in Ottawa and ended up killing an officer. That
same day, my crew and I cleared customs in the St. Lawrence on a rented
alco-barge (houseboat) heading for Alexandria Bay, NY. We must have
looked like what the border people were looking for. Say what you want
about "limits". When the USCG cutter hailed us, with what I recall were
4 guys on the foredeck with what appeared to be M16's (I don't know for
sure, I don't know guns), flak-jackets and helmets, I wasn't going to
argue about limits. I told everyone onboard to get out on the deck
facing the cutter with their hands in plain sight as I came along side.