Marty wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I don't blame you. You put money down on a particular boat, and you
aren't getting that particular boat. There's a chance fit and finish
won't be the same, etc. I'd look the other boat over just as carefully
as you looked over the one you *thought* you were putting money on.
Also, if this is the way the dealer runs his business, it would make me
wonder about how service will be down the road.

Well, there's the catch. This dealer has been recommended by several local
Sea Ray owner's! They action's caught me completely off guard.

I would voice just that message to the dealer. I'd demand getting to
the bottom of it. Who was responsible for selling the boat that I put a
down payment on? Why did that person do that? I put money down on THAT
particular boat, and you sold it to someone else. No two are exactly
alike.