Harry Krause

Default Help, Harry, I don't understand (little OT)

John H wrote:

I need some help with this:

During the debate last night, John Kerry, a Democrat guy, said that
Bush was greatly exaggerating the terrorist threat. Do you remember
that?

On his web site is the statement, "John Kerry has the courage to roll
back George Bush’s tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans so we can
invest in homeland security."

I'm sure there is some rational explanation for this apparent
ambiguity, but damn if I can figure it out. Help.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

I didn't watch the program in question, nor have I read any transcripts.

There are many ways Bush has lied and continues to lie about the
terrorist threats. I don't see where that fact conflicts with what you
say is Kerry's statement about cutting tax breaks for millionaires and
investing the proceeds in homeland security.

As an example, and again, this may or may not have anything to do with
what Kerry said or is considering: Bush has done virtually nothing to
protect our ports from what may be inside the containers on container
ships. It is well-known that our ports are virtually unprotected.
Because of Bush's wasting our tax dollars in Iraq and because he cut
taxes, there isn't enough money to do the port scans properly. If tax
revenues were increased and properly spent, there might well be funds to
inspect the cargos of ships.

Is that clear enough for you?

--
Email sent to is never read.