Bob La Londe

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:40:17 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
said:

Does the US Coast Guard have the authority to stop, search or do a

"routine"
safety check on a vessel of US registry or US state registration fully
within US waters and obviously not suited for long offshore travel

without
cause?

http://www.jcrobbins.com/documents/boarding.htm

Interesting read. Also, interesting that one paragraph seems to indicate
that their are limits while others say their aren't. Also, interesting that
all limits are ambiguous.

Of course the biggest arguement about the value of their warrantless
searches and lack of need for cause it is also valid for private homes on
dry land. Not legal, but valid.

Amazing that with the various changes in our country in many ways we are
becoming worse and more oppressive in than the country we fought so hard to
make ourselves independent of over 200 years ago.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com