WKR

Marty wrote:
I walked in to the showroom on Sunday and put a deposit on the boat I

looked
at in the lot.
I told them my wife would be in on Monday to arrange the financing.
They called on Tuesday and said it's a go.
We came back as a family to see if we could do our on the water delivery
aearlier than planned and they told us it would have to wait until they

got
our boat delivered from somewhere else. What happened to the boat I put

my
deposit on, I asked? Oh, we sold it.
Not happy at this point, but we'll do our on the water delivery on

Sunday
when you get our boat.
A couple of days later and Oh, we can't do it on Sunday (because they

sent
the boat to a boat show). What the hell was the deposit for anyway?
So, I'm a little ****ed off and I told them I wasn't interested anymore,

but
it was my wife's decision (it's her graduation present) whether to

continue
with the deal or not.
They called back and said they would have the boat ready for our Sunday

on
the water delivery. Still, this leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling

in
my stomach which I should probably listen to and meanwhile I've looked

at
the four winns, and the crownline 192.
Just thought I'd share.

I don't blame you. You put money down on a particular boat, and you
aren't getting that particular boat. There's a chance fit and finish
won't be the same, etc. I'd look the other boat over just as carefully
as you looked over the one you *thought* you were putting money on.
Also, if this is the way the dealer runs his business, it would make me
wonder about how service will be down the road.

If this is any indication of how they are going to treat you I would move
on to another dealer if you can.But if theyn pinged your credit to see what
you qualify for financing it might be worth sticking with the same
dealer.Too many pings on your credit report hurt it for a bit.I had a
similar experience here over the last 2 months.The sales people never
returned calls on status of financing,boat readiness,verbal agreement
repairs status or when my boat was finished being painted.We went through 4
sales people and finally realized the Company VP was a friend of mine from
where I used to live.It was a nightmare experience from day one.I would call
and ask for status of things and was told they would call me back ASAP.A day
or two would pass,I ended up driving to the dealership and sitting right in
thier sales persons breakroom,where they gathered even when customers were
on the showroom floor.The Company VP came in,recognized me and ended up
firing the Accounts girl,Finance person and 2 sales people.He asked the
salesmen if they called me back yet.They said yes.I was there sitting behind
them and told the VP " no Bill,they did not".He fired them on the spot.I
know boaters are laid back but this was ridiculous.Boat N RV Warehouse in
upstate will not get ANY accessory business from me.I will mailorder or go
elsewheres for the ton of stuff I now need.
Got my boat,2000 23ft Rinker 232 Cuddy.Enjoying it and I wonder how those
fire people are doing now.Oh wait,no I am not.
Wayne

Waterford,NY