Searay, IMO, has been overrated for quality over the past years (as
evidenced by your recent *review* of one of their gold necklace boats)
with
other manufacuters (as others noted) producing a far better or
comparable,
yet cheaper (price wise) boat.

I don't personally beleive that JD Powers is all that objective or
reliable, but many people disagree with me and that is certainly their
particular privilege.

I agree, so why your reliance on their ratings, especially with SeaRay?

****************

in order:

1) if you have specific issues with Sea Ray quality control, or any
other mfgr, it would be more useful to post some specific examples than
to make an unsupported, general statement.
That said, you're as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

2) I have not recently written a "review" of a Sea Ray. There is a
difference between a series of first hand observations and a technical
"review". One canot actually "review" a boat unless they have been
underway in the vessel. While I write four "boat pieces" each month,
(one large yacht, one trailer boat, one "classic" or preowned boat, and
one 30-50 foot cruiser) the only boats typically take away from the
dock are the 30-50 footers -and those are the only boats we even claim
to have experienced underway.

3) I don't rely on JD Power ratings. The only reason I even mentioned
JD Power in this thread was because somebody else had inserted a link
to the JD Power website to support an opinion that Larson is a very
good boat. I agree, by the way, that Larson is a very good boat. My
comment was (generally) "Im surprised that the party that posted the JD
Power link didn't mention Crownline, as Crownline won the small
runabout category in 2004 and tied for first place in 2005."