*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...
Larson is a very nice boat. If I were looking for a small runabout, I
could own a Larson, Sea Ray, Cobalt, Chaparral, Crownline or some
others and be adequately pleased with the quality.

I'm surprised JimH didn't mention Crownline. I didn't follow his JD
Power link, but Crownline won the JD Power award in 2004 and tied with
another make for first place in 2005, both in the "Small Runabout"
category. Type Crownline JD Power into Google and you'll come up with a
ton of hits verifying that statement. (I like the overall Crownline
group very much).

Sea Ray also scored very well in some categories, but did not take
first place (in favorable responses from folks polled by Powers) in the
small runabout category.

I never had any experiences with Crowline but I will trust your (and that of
JD Power) opinion of them.

Searay, IMO, has been overrated for quality over the past years (as
evidenced by your recent *review* of one of their gold necklace boats) with
other manufacuters (as others noted) producing a far better or comparable,
yet cheaper (price wise) boat.

I don't personally beleive that JD Powers is all that objective or
reliable, but many people disagree with me and that is certainly their
particular privilege.

I agree, so why your reliance on their ratings, especially with SeaRay?