Peter

Keenan & Julie wrote:
"MikeSoja" wrote in message

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:33:36 -0400, Keenan & Julie
posted:

The H20model claims to be waterproof, but the most I have tested it is
to use it in the rain. It got wet and kept on working.

Whoaaa...10-12 hours of battery life?

My Garmin chews up batteries at an unbelievable pace. The Energizer Bunny
goes to sleep pretty quick with it, I don't think I've ever had the
batteries last more than 8 hours.

My Garmin Rino 110 gets around 12 hours on its three AA batteries.
The manual says it should go for 41 hours on GPS only, but that's
somewhat irrationally optimistic, as I see it.

Mine only takes 2 batteries, that's why I was so impressed with the other
guy's 2 battery model lasting so long.

It would be more informative if you indicated what model you're using
and also if you have any optional functions (esp. magnetic compass
and/or backlight) turned on.
I get about 14 hours per charge on the pair of NiMH cells in the Garmin
eMap I've had for over 5 years and their latest color models are much
more battery conserving. The 60c is rated at 30 hours and with lithium
cells has been reported to actually last much longer (record I've seen
was over 60 hours). With a pair of alkaline or NiMH cells it gets about
the rated time as long as the backlight is hardly used.