Jere Lull

In article ,
(Mic) wrote:

Humm.....just wondering would starboard work for a bulkhead
replacement??? And if so anything else that should be considered?

Don't use starboard for that.

Replaced our main bulkhead last year. Tip that I appreciated getting:
Put the bulkhead up as 3 pieces: the structural member and two face
sheets if you want to clear-coat it the finish.

I've been a cabinet maker and have some tools and tricks to doing such a
job, but I would have had a lot of repair work to do later.

In our case, I used the metric equivalent of 3/4, which is a little
thin, and sheets of 3 mil "veneer". I have worked with real veneer, but
this is so much easier, I'm a convert. The only problem is that I had to
shave a couple of mm off everything that butts against the bulkhead.