Don W

Well, having used both, I'd have to say that its pretty nice to be able to
partially furl when the wind picks up, and then furl completely without
having to go up front in the spray. Anyone that has gone forward to drop
a headsail in 8-12's and 28kts wind can relate to what I'm saying ;-) If you've
got enough wind to drive at hull speed, it probably doesn't matter that the
partially rolled jib isn't a very efficient sail.

However, that being said, I like being able to fly the appropriate headsail,
and the only way to do that is by hanking the right one on. For daysails, it
doesn't seem to be much of a burden.

YMMV,

Don W.

wrote:
I know this will start another round of semi-religious rants but I need
the distraction.

snip