Stephen Trapani

Vito wrote:

"Stephen Trapani" wrote

Frank wrote:

snip

After all the comentary and back slapping nobody responded to Larry's
challenge:
"In other words, name 4 very successful people you know who were home
schooled at sea by correspondence course".

I've done a lot of hiring for well-paying jobs. Employers want

credentials.
Your home-schooled kid may be better educated than the product of

PS101 but
do you have a paper that says so, or that (s)he has any education at all.
And if I'm to compare several candidates I want to see scores on
standardized tests.

I did answer him, but maybe you'll like this better:

http://www.home4schoolgear.com/famoushomeschooler.html

or this:

http://users.safeaccess.com/olsen/famous.html

or this:

http://www.homeschoolutah.org/pages/pastandpresent.htm

Even on these very incomplete lists you can see there have been plenty
of successful homeschoolers, no matter how you measure "success."

I'm an employer also. What matters most to me is past work experience
and some indication from the person that they can do what I want them to
do. Their schooling is one of the least important things I consider. And
a "standardized test" is worthless unless performance on the test
somehow relates to their prospective job duties. Anyway, most
homeschoolers would do well on such tests. Why wouldn't they?

--
Stephen