Allan Bennett

In article , David Kemper
wrote:

"Allan Bennett" wrote in message
An open letter from David Train:

Talent Identification Scheme: A Call to the Coaches.

a little bit snipped

Does this mean the coaches are revolting?
Can I get the flags out yet?

Not yet...

What it means is that Graham Campbell (National Fla****er Development Coach)
is a bit miffed because some of his paddlers didn't get selected for a team
and he wants some support, so he's called a meeting... though he hasn't yet
declared his interest.

The BCU Talent ID scheme has gone tits up since some parents wrote to their
MPs about the way their children were being treated.

Typical, half-baked, bird-brained idea made without consultation, contrary to
all the advice and evidence and the wealth of experience and knowledge
available. Serves the arrogant ***** right!

We ran a Talent-ID symposium a few years ago in which I presented a brief
review of the available literature - the conclusion, then, was that selection
according to limited physiological parameters was not the way forwards, but I
guess they just wanted to try to prove me (and much more knowledgeable
people) wrong.

Allan Bennett
Not a fan of undercooked poultry