"HotRod" wrote in message
I'm currently looking at a 30' single hull of shore HULL ONLY that someone
it town just wants to get out of their driveway. The Hull has been sitting
for 5 years but the only problems seem to be the clear coat on the boat
peeling. Since this boat does not currently have any engines or drives I'm
wondering what my options might be? The boat is setup for twin Big Block
motors however Since nothing is in place yet I can do what I like. I'm not
worried about high end speed and the boat will be mostly used in the great
lakes and just getting away from shore and doing some touring and possibly
some skiing. Since I love diesel does this even sound like an option?

Other
recommendations.

Obviously like 99% of the world cost is an issue and I will sacrifice

speed
for cost, but it would be nice if whatever I install is upgradeable so

that
I have the option to pull the motors and tweak them..

THANKS IN ADVANCE, Newbie

Without much to go on I'll give it a shot.

Will you do the work yourself? If you hire it out, $35 to $85 an hour (or
more) can add up real fast.

If you stick with a 're-install' of the same type equipment that came out (a
bolt-in operation) you can do it yourself pretty easily. As for $$, get a
list of the equipment, call your local sources and check online. You do the
math. Talk to local Marine Mechanics and learn, learn, learn.

Larry
My turbine powered boat project
http://www.weldingfaq.com/turbine2.asp