Johnhh

If only it were waterproof and a whole lot less expensive.

"Yellowchaser" wrote in
message ...

nfsnfs Wrote:
I just bought a 12 year old C&C 37/40R and, along with the 1287 odd jobs
that come along with used boats, I would like to install a GPS chart
plotter. There are dozens of possible solutions straight out of the
West Marine catalog but a friend highly recommended software on a
laptop instead.

He uses Nobletec and seems committed, but I thought I might ask a wider
audience for recommendations / disrecommendations. Also, his setup
involves parking the laptop on the chart table below, whereas I would
like something visible from the helm. That would mean an extra screen
that will stand up to salt water and running some wiring, but if
charting software is better/cheaper/faster than what gets plugged into
the integrated plotters, I'd like to know before I start.

Any advice for a greenhorn?

I think that if I were going to use Nobeltec software on a laptop then
I would go ahead and go the extra distance for the wireless display,
you can see it here http://www.nobeltec.com/products/prod_tb_wnd.asp

--
Yellowchaser- http://www.hookandsinker.com - The Sportfishermen's choice
for fishing news, over 500+ maps, over 7,000+ schematics, and even these