Larry W4CSC

"wblakesx" wrote in
oups.com:

I'd lik to hear mosre on
sailing and depression.

Depression sets in when you're 90 miles S of Charleston in the Gulfstreamer
Race up from Daytona Beach and the damned wind goes DEAD FLAT for hours and
hours, the sea looks like a 2 acre lake and there isn't enough wind to blow
your nose, to speak nothing of a genoa or spinnaker....

6 or 7 hours of that and being forced to drop out because some of the crew
insists on going to work on Monday morning is very depressing, indeed....

And just a couple of hours before the GPS was reading 13 knots over ground
in the Stream just haulin' ass in a nice blow!......in a heavy ketch
cruiser, yet!

We even had plenty of food and booze....I wasn't depressed. I was too
tired and slept...(c; If the race ended on Wednesday, so be it! With our
great handicap, we might have won on Wednesday...hee hee.

--
Larry

You know you've had a rough night when you wake up and your outlined in
chalk.