Glenn Ashmore

"Jere Lull" wrote in message

The way I read this even the Navy would have to encode their
broadcasts to keep us from using them. Also no NWS people could
speak at any cruising association meeting.

Naaah, it just means they can't play favorites.

I hope you are being fecitious. The way the bill reads NWS or any other
Federal agency personal with weather data is specifically and totally
muzzeled. No statements or sharing weather information of any kind to
anybody any time unless Accuweather can't do it. (Not won't but can't.)

The commercial services are into mass marketing their product and are not
going to provide a service if they can't make a profit and marine weather is
not a profit maker. Say goodby to WEFAX. Say goodby to VHF weather radio.
Say goodby to sea state and wind forcasts.

You guys better get off your asses and say something to your Senators or we
may be sailing blind or paying $50+ to get a weather forcast anytime you
sail outside the harbor.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com