Lloyd Sumpter

Default Remote Controls for Johnson Seahorse?

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:47:03 +0000, F330 GT wrote:

How can I find out of the engine (1989 15hp Seahorse) will accept a
remote control unit? I think steering won't be a problem, but throttle/shift?

When I tried to find a similar kit for a 80's model 45hp commercial tiller
model, I was told that after OMC's demise, they were no longer available.

This was after I bought one for another engine on my little Whaler about 10
years ago. I deleted the little side console and went back to the old fashioned
and inconvenient tiller steering. My guess is the "Tin Boat" will have to remain
a tiller model also.

Barry

Well, that's Bad News.

I still have options: for one thing, I can still run a wheel, and just twist
around to adjust throttle and/or shift. I can certainly make my own cable/lever
to extend the shifter - not sure about the throttle. I might be able to find a
used one as well - I'll keep my eye open.

Lloyd Sumpter
"The Tin Boat" Mirrocraft 12