Gogarty

In article ,
says...

After having the engine rebuild, I was told to only use IDO (Industrial
Diesel Oil) SAE 30 or its exact equilvalent.
Esso also makes a SAE 30 lubricating oil for diesel engine. I sure that
you can get other brands it just that these are the only one I get locally.
I my area I can only get Castrol 10w40 for diesel engine. The other
question is when to you change your oil filter.
In the spring or the fall ( before launching or before haul out org ) ?
Oil filter are not that expensive. In my case I was able to get Fram's
exact equilvalent filter for my Yanmar.

I change the filter when I change the oil, which is probably twice as often as
is really necessary since the filter installed after the oil change in the
fall doesn't really get any use until the following season.