Shortwave Sportfishing

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:00:06 -0400, DSK wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
Give me a good reason to join BoatUS for $14 per year

Why, am I a salesman all of a sudden?

Your not - you said it was a good deal and I wanted to know why.

... - seriously, as
a member, what do you gain for the $14?

I don't know. Check out their website. *IF* the magazine is included in
that $14 then it's a good deal right there, as it's a nice magazine with
very helpful boating articles... especially safety related ones.

Personally, I pay a lot more for my membership because I get insurance
and free towing, which I also consider a good deal. We've considered
shifting to a true maritime insurance policy which covers a lot of
boat-related casualties that Boats US (along with any other mainstream
insurance co) won't touch. But such policies are a lot more expensive,
and we like the idea of free towing even if we haven't ever used it.

I've been with Sea//Tow since the CG started with private services
and have never had to use them.

Thanks for the info.