Mac

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 06:51:14 +0000, 1088 wrote:

Still fixing my fixer-upper. I chiseled and sanded the crazing in the
gelcoat, then filled with several different things and the cracks are
covered ok but the tiny, tiny pin-holes will not fill. Many of these
looked like tiny black spots at first. Any attempt to fill them
results in some kind of gassing and the filler just ozzes back out
after a while.
Things I've tried:
marine tex
west system epoxy and 407/404/talc
automotive bondo ($13 per gallon)
white yuppie-yacht bondo
system3 epoxy and 404
real smelly blue spot putty from the auto store
I was reasonably pleased until I sanded the second coat of primer
(parker 1040) vacuumed and washed and, and, and there they are again-
sons of bitches!
I'm definately open to suggestion at this point. Thanks for your time
as always.

You put bondo on a boat? I've heard that it has gypsum or something in it
and is a disaster on boats. I don't have any firsthand experience.
Hopefully it is not true and someone can confirm.

Roughly how many spots are there? And how wide are they?

What I'm getting at is would it be feasibly to treat them individually
with some kind of rotary tool?

--Mac