Glenn Ashmore

(d) PROHIBITION ON CERTAIN DISCLOSURES- An officer, employee, or agent of
the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the National Weather
Service, or any other department or agency of the United States who by
reason of that status comes into possession of any weather data,
information, guidance, forecast, or warning that might influence or affect
the market value of any product, service, commodity, tradable, or business
may not--

(1) willfully impart, whether directly or indirectly, such weather data,
information, guidance, forecast, or warning, or any part thereof, before the
issuance of such weather data, information, guidance, forecast, or warning
to the public under subsection (c); or

(2) after the issuance of such weather data, information, guidance,
forecast, or warning to the public under subsection (c), willfully impart
comments or qualifications on such weather data, information, guidance,
forecast, or warning, or any part thereof, to the public, except pursuant to
an issuance that complies with that subsection.

The way I read this even the Navy would have to encode their broadcasts to
keep us from using them. Also no NWS people could speak at any cruising
association meeting.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com