We have club paddles , rent the pool in winter and have regular rescue
and strokes clinics. These are not hosted by CRCA or BCU instructors as
part of the program but rather informal practice where people of all
skill levels practice stuff. You can learn a ton of stuff free. The
most experienced paddlers freely help because they too can end up in
the water.
Our club web site is www.kayakers.nf.ca we are very active for a small
club. Our news group is always buzzing with activity.
Informal settings are the best to promote and grow the sport. ( my
opinion only ) because there is no stress, no expectation and no money
changing hands.