Gary Warner

Default Nice Day for a boat ride

"Capt. Frank Hopkins" :

I pulled out the portable pump and got him bailed out, and handed him a
wooden plug for the hole. (He couldn't find the drain plug!)

I just don't understand people. No extra wood block. No extra drain
plug. Almost should have let him sink.

He winched the boat back on the trailer, and without so much as a thank
you, drove off.

Yep, should have let him sink. What are people thinking? An hour of
towing? No offer to pay for some gas or at least say thank you. Wow.

I don't know how other boats are setup but on my last boat I was able to
put the plug in from the inside. So that's what I did. I also kept the
plug
on a chain so it couldn't get away. And I still had a spare one in the tool
kit.
Will be doing the same on this new boat.

Anyway Capt., glad you ended on a good note for the day.