Larry W4CSC

Default Bought cool new digital charger....$89? WalMart?!!

One of my WalMart tires had another nail in it so I made the mistake
of returning it under my road hazard warranty for another free,
no-hassle replacement at WalMart, today. It cost me over $100 to
replace the tire which cost me $0.00 labor and tire. WalMart is slick
marketing. You can't help but look around while waiting....(c;

WalMart is handling a new line of Vector switching,
microprocessor-controlled "Smart" battery chargers. I had to buy the
biggest one, of course. It's a manly charger...(c; AR! AR!

The model is VEC1093A.
http://www.battery-rechargeable-char...y-charger.html
WalMart has it discounted to $89 and change from its $110 retail.
Walmart also makes refunds and returns just too easy, any port in the
country.

This charger uses a 100A switching power supply controlled by a
job-specific microprocessor. Click on the downloadable owner's manual
on the page to see how it works. It will charge a wide variety of
batteries from 2, 10, 20 and 40 amps and provide 100A of starting
current to get an engine moving WHEN THE COMPUTER SAYS YOU CAN.

Here in the shop, tonight, it's in its desufinating mode pulsing and
discharging my deep cycle trollilng motor battery for the free dingy's
auxiliary thruster. This mode is supposed to clean off and recover
the surface lead sulphate that didn't get recovered during the regular
charge cycle.

The charger is VERY light, being a switcher, not an analog with a huge
transformer. It doesn't have any transformer at all, at least not a
clunky 60Hz one. It has the SAME 3-stage constant current, then
tapering current constant voltage, then floating voltage technology
your favorite Waste Marine store wants $800 for with the yacht club
flag sticker on it. I think this thing has better metering at $89.
You can buy a SEPARATE charger for EACH battery bank at this price!

Its only drawback as a "boat charger" I see is it shuts off after the
charging cycle is complete, going to sleep until you press the button
again. But, for $720, I could click that ON button a LOT of times on
THIS 40 amp fancy house battery charger, couldn't you?

Go take a look. Cool technology at a VERY reasonable price.....

I should have stayed out in the cold rain behind the tire shop....(c;

http://www.battery-rechargeable-char...y-charger.html

Larry W4CSC

Is it just me or did the US and UK just capture 1/3
of the world's sweetest oil supply? What idiot wants to
GIVE IT BACK?!!