Del Cecchi

Default Trailer Axel / Physics Puzzler

"Gary Warner" wrote in message

Thanks all for the replys.

I will call the company and ask them too, but I always like
the comments and thought processes I get here.

Since the axle is fixed to the frame, it is part of the frame. The spindles
go where the axle would go if it were straight across. Consider the vector
through the center of mass of the boat and trailer. It should be just
forward of the center of the spindles which is where the upward vector from
the ground passes up. The remainder of the torque is supplied by the force
upwards on the tongue. Just remember that the sum of the torques about any
point must be zero. So pick a convenient point and draw the force vectors.

del cecchi