Bryan G

Default CD player with Anti-Shock or Anti-Skip

I'm trying to find a good marine or any type stereo/CD player unit that has
very good anti-shock or anti-skip abilities. I run a lot in choppy
conditions with my 20ft. Chaparral and I get a get a lot of skipping of the
CD's. I had a 4 year old JVC KD-SX650 in the boat which I don't know if it
had that feature or not. I just put in a Kenwood KDC-3025MRCC (which only
lists 8x over-sampling) on a WestMarine rep's recommendation and tested it
today in medium and hard chop and it was about the same performance as the
older JVC. Lot's of skipping!! All the marine store people say the same as
the Best-Buy and Circuit City, that all but the very cheapest stereo's have
some anti-skip feature, even though you don't even see it in the specs. I
noticed the marine type Jensens yet cheaper than the Kenwood, still list
Anti-Shock and 8x over-sampling as a feature, but lack some higher end
features as Sirius ready. I might just try one anyway. Any suggestions???

Thanks,
Bryan