Dennis Pogson

Larry W4CSC wrote:
"MazingTree" wrote in
k:

The one thing I would say here in the UK is that no-one in the Marine
industry appears to let on that you can buy a cheap meter and test
your own set. The best advice I got from UK electronics dealers, is
that if you bring in the set, we can test it for £20, then if it's
not the set, we come out and test it, but that was an opene ended
price. I guess they have to make a living! I also suppose that's
why I came to a newgroup.

Same as here, but maybe we're a little more "enlightened", for some
unknown reason.

Just keep shipping those wonderful ales I love....thanks...(c;

One thing I had to apologize for is TEA. There were two RAF pilots
who had been guarding the skies over Charleston after 9/11 sitting in
a restaurant I was in, drinking hot tea. I thanked them for what
they were doing for us and profusely apologized for the terrible tea
they were being forced to drink in our country. Had a great time
talking to them after that....

Your teabags are great for scaring away the gulls. That bit of string is SO
useful for hanging them from the boom.

In the UK we think that tea bought in a teabag is usually sweepings from the
blending room floor, but we still drink the stuff!

Dennis.