*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Global Warmin' Is Fer Idjuts
Exxon writes America's energy policy, BushCo chops up emissions
reports. Is there any hope at all?
By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist

Friday, June 10, 2005

Printable Version
Email This Article

Mark Morford
Archives
Subscribe to Notes & Errata
Subscribe to RSS Feed
Who is this guy?

From http://united-states-of-earth.com/ar...?MenuID=3D1559

" Mark Morford is a columnist and editor for sfgate.com. He is also=

yoga
teacher and fiction writer..."

'Nuff said. ;-)

And that makes him automatically wrong in your eyes, Jim? Even the
facts that he re-wrote?

What *facts* are those Kevin?

I'm not Kevin, BUT if you would read the article, it's FULL of FACTS...
Now, I still want to know, what part of Morford's life makes you think
that he's automatically not credible?

Answer my questions first, including those out to you over the past 2 day=

s=2E
Sorry, not playing that game, Jim. You need to look back, I was the
first to ask you a question, with which you replied with another
question. Anyhow, it's business as usual with you, won't answer a
question that is a direct inquiry about something YOU have said. When
does the lying start?

Because he writes fiction, does
that mean that he also can't be a credible reporter?

Perhaps

And perhaps not.

Because he works
for sfgate means he can't be a credible reporter?

Perhaps

And perhaps not.

Because he's a yoga
teacher? Are you running a contest with NOYB to see who can be the most
narrow minded?

You have won that prize already, fair and square.

Really? I'm not the one who thinks Morford should be discredited by any
or all of the reasons you've cited. I would discredit someone who has
been proven to not be credible. You discredit someone just because he's
either a yoga teacher, a fiction writer, and or works for sfgate.

Fact: Bush's decision not to sign the Kyoto Treaty, the landmark
environmental policy signed by 122 other
nations to reduce greenhouse emissions, was influenced not at all by
sound science or serious concern for the planet, but by pressure put on

him by his pals at ExxonMobil and other major oil corporations.

Do you know why Kevin or are you relying on the crap you just cut and pas=

ted
as your *proof*?

Yes, I do know why, and no, I'm not relying on what was pasted. But, it
still remains a fact.

Fact: The man who butchered documents pertaining to global warming was
Philip Cooney, and he has zero scientific training
whatsoever and was formerly the "climate-team leader" (read: top flying

monkey) and a lobbyist at the American Petroleum Institute, the largest

trade group representing the oil industry. He is now chief of staff for

the White House Council on Environmental Quality, the group that helps
devise and set the nation's environmental agenda; Cooney's cuts and
edits of scientific emissions and global warming reports often made it
into final White House policy.

Cite

Do you even READ the news, Jim?? It's been plastered all over, even
Fox!!!!!

Fact: They lie about why a gay male model and former prostitute who ran
gay
porn Web sites was allowed to pose as a partisan hack reporter in White

House press briefings for over two years, allowed to ask softball
questions of the president and the press secretary and allowed to sleep

overnight in the White House.

Cite

From just one newspaper (do a google search):

LOBBING softball questions at White House press conferences is hardly a
new phenomenon, but having them thrown by a pseudo-journalist with a
sleazy background who mysteriously cleared security checks is. Add in
the fact that reporter Jeff Gannon used a false name and his employer
was a Web site called Talon News staffed almost exclusively by
Republican activists and you have the whiff of a scandal.

Whether Gannon, whose real name is James D. Guckert, was a White House
"plant'' may never be known because officials in the Bush
administration have taken great pains to distance themselves from the
controversy. But passive denials only increase the lack of credibility
to explanations of how the White House credentialed Guckert, even
though he was representing a pseudo-news operation, using an alias and
was linked to X-rated Web sites.

Gannon was given enviable access to the White House press room nearly
every day for two years and often was called upon by officials,
including President Bush himself. If the White House decided to look
away because it could count on Guckert to cozy up to the commander in
chief with hard-hitting questions like, "How are you going to work with
(Democrats) who seem to have divorced themselves from reality?" then
the administration should respond to demands by some members of
Congress to explain how a fringe "reporter" with a dubious past could
so easily breach security.

Any news reporter who has ever covered the White House, presidential
campaign events or Capitol Hill knows the gauntlet of security checks.
Even reporters with familiar bylines from prominent news organizations
must go through the process.

The idea that the White House might try to infiltrate the press corps
with a shill is a chilling thought in this democracy, but this is the
administration that has been caught paying "journalists" and generating
its own prefabricated "news reports" to distribute to TV stations too
na=EFve to recognize the attempt at propaganda.

As Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., pointed out during a meeting with The
Chronicle editorial board Wednesday, the Guckert case, at a minimum,
suggests "sheer, friggin' incompetence,'' in terms of White House
security. Biden said Congress should investigate this potential breach
of security, but he acknowledged such a probe would never occur with
Republicans in control of the House and Senate.

It's hard to say which is worse: That the White House had no idea who
it was allowing to be within shouting distance of the president -- or
that it knew exactly who Jeff Gannon was and why he was there.

Now......try a google to his website.

I cut the rest of your babble because that is all it was....babble.

Yeah, sure.

Do you ever have any thoughts of your own Kevin?

Yes, I think you are being incredibly narrow minded.