Evan Gatehouse

Default removing roller furling staysail

Hi,

Our boat is a cutter and came with a roller furling genoa &
furling staysail. Tacking the big genoa through the slot is
a pain. It doesn't blow through very easily and short
tacking up a narrow channel is a bit of a pain.

It's pretty common to have a removable inner forestay - but
using hanked sails, not with a furled sail on it. I suspect
that if I try removing it and moving it aft, I will be
likely to bend the furler extrusion at some point when
moving it back & forth.

Anybody have any thoughts? I rather would prefer to have a
hanked on staysail, but it's a very nice Harken furler and
it's SOOO convenient when it's blowing 25 and I just unroll
that little staysail and keep on blasting to windward.

Evan Gatehouse