Wayne.B

Default Boat fell off trailer

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:39:04 GMT, "RG"
wrote:
I, like you, have had a lot more trouble getting boats to get OFF
of the trailer, than having to worry about them slipping off. Usually, the
ramps that I use have a very gentle slope.

I'm fairly new to the trailer and ramp game but here's what I do which
has worked so far:

1. Stage boat by taking off tie down strap, turning on battery switch
and blower, check drain plug, tilt up outdrive, etc.

2. Back down ramp so boat is half in water.

3. Remove safety chain and winch cable from boat.

4. Give bow line to wife on dock.

5. Back down a few more feet and hit brakes hard. Boat usually slides
right off. If not, repeat step 5.