Earl Colby Pottinger

Ted tedwilliams@nospam :

Hmmm, the math is pretty simple. We measure the output power of motors or
engines in Hp. 1 Hp = 746 watts. 5 Hp = 3730 watts. To produce 5 Hp at 12
volts would require 310.8 amps. (Assuming no IR, friction, and windage
losses) That requires some pretty heavy duty wiring. I doubt that I could
lift a true 5 Hp 12 volt motor.

50 amps at 12 volts = 600 watts or 0.804 Hp. That is the maximum Hp

produced
by the T47. Again, no IR, friction, and windage losses which is impossible
to achieve. With a good motor, you might get 90% out of what you put in.

I think you made a mistake, don't ST motors run at 144 volts? That makes a
big diffirence.

check out:
http://www.solomontechnologies.com/S...%20system.html

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to