JimL

Default GPS Use Question

I wasn't clear on my previous post. Yes, wrap or not, you will
still lose tracklog points. It's just a matter of whether you lose
them at the beginning or the end. :^)

I don't know which Garmin unit you have, but if it's one still in
production, you may want to check their website for updates if you
don't already. I have a couple of eTrex models and the waypoints
and tracklog points are mutually exclusive. If you were referring
to routes, then in my eTrex's, these are made up of waypoints that
are manually added in the course of building a route. I know of no
way to view tracklog points in these models without downloading them
to a pc and viewing them. I used the term 'arbitrary' in my
for the eTrex Legend. I believe the number increases were from 50
waypoints per route to 125 per route, waypoints from 500 to 1000
and tracklog points from 2048 to 10,000. Although I believe the
saved tracklog is 750 points per track, I don't remember what this
was boosted from. The point of this is to mention that it may be
worth checking for your unit if you haven't already.

-JimL

basskisser wrote:

Regardless whether you have it set to full wrap or not, if you simply
run out of waypoints, you are going to lose them. Yes, they are called
tracklog points, when used for that purpose, but, if you look at the
log, they are just another waypoint, at least on MY Garmin.