Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 22:48:13 GMT

On 2005-06-08 Larry said:
"MazingTree" wrote in
. co.uk:
solderless connection to enable the cable to be unscrewed and

checked I don't like it. Solderless usually means corroded within
5 miles of the sea.

I was thinking the same thing. SOlderless connections are not robust
enough for me for most applications. I don't use the solderless coax
connectors anywhere in my operations.

sOunds like it's time to change out that antenna for something a
little more fit for the duties you expect of it.

Richard Webb, amateur radio callsign nf5b
active on the Maritime Mobile service network, 14.300 mhz
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

--

agood captain is one who is hoisting his first drink in a
bar when the storm hits.